May 5, 2023 | To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com with subject line “Restaurant Manager Position.”
Hailey’s Harp & Pub is a popular restaurant and bar in award-winning downtown Metuchen. With 30 years in the bar business, the owner/operator is very hands on and very flexible and open to providing mentorship and pathways to ownership.
We are seeking a motivated and ambitious individual to join our management team. If you’re someone who wants to work with a close-knit team, who is personable, can make and implement prudent decisions independently, and can maximize efficiency and morale, consider joining the Hailey’s team. This position reports to the general manager and works closely with the owner/operator.
Creative and Organizational Skills
– Possess extensive knowledge and creativity with food and beverage menus and proactively track and manage inventory; order food, beverages, and supplies.
– Suggest and help promote special food and beverage menus, events, and engaging activities to attract existing and new customers
– Manage and monitor restaurant equipment and utilities, cultivate relationships with service vendors, and help oversee maintenance or replacement projects
– Monitor quality of food, service, preparation, and facilities (restrooms, equipment) and quickly and proactively address any issues
– Act as a flexible and effective pinch-hitter (bartend, serve, host, etc.) during peak times
– Oversee opening and/or closing procedures depending on shift
– Serve as a liaison between front of house and kitchen during peak hours
– Learn and adequately use and program POS and 7shifts management systems
– Efficiently manage and motivate a team of servers, bartenders, and hosts to maximize the customer experience
– Cultivate relationships with guests to create and maintain a friendly, welcoming environment
– Develop or ensure that employee protocols are followed
– Analyze, optimize, and create a staff schedule based on data of peak and slow hours
– Intelligently resolve and diffuse any customer issues in a friendly, effective, and calm manner to ensure guests leave happy
– Help oversee parties/large parties to ensure their experience is excellent
– Participate in a weekly management meeting with other managers
– Help stock inventory, change kegs, or move furniture when needed
Salary is commensurate with experience.